[FoRK] Republicanism as Religion

Gary Stock gstock at nexcerpt.com
Thu Sep 15 11:07:53 PDT 2011

> Do you think the reason "we've done it 85 times before without any
> complaint" is a legitimate reason for why it should be done again
> without complaint?
Of course not.  It calls attention to historical malfeasance.

More crucial at the moment:  having ~not~ complained 85 times -- while
benefiting from it, even personally -- and ~then~ complaining so
bitterly, reveals an appalling degree of hypocrisy.

That kind of misdirection -- while denigrating and blocking potential
solutions over political dogma, rather than fact -- constitutes
intentional dishonesty.  It's the same flavor of dishonesty being
directed against science, for example.

Such dishonesty puts us all at risk.  All of us.  ALL of us.

GS