[FoRK] Republicanism as Religion

geege schuman geege4 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 11:30:58 PDT 2011

> No. But I doubt most agree that political brinksmanship and economic
> hostage-taking 'just because we can' isn't any better. Actually, based on
> the response, I'd say it's net-worse for the country.
>
> Carey
>  >

Most of whom?  Christian fundamentalists believe political brinkmanship
is sanctioned by G-d for His higher purposes.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130070569

(I was looking for an NPR segment I heard in my car a few weeks ago:
Christain/magical thinking about tolerance - of homosexuality, for instance
- that it opens the door to Satan.  There is no left-leaning equivalent!)