[FoRK] Republicanism as Religion

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Thu Sep 15 13:41:58 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:25:30AM -0700, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> Those are my words; it's an original quote in response to the cited
> article.

It was nice of you to take the time to rephrase it.
It's still a stock response.

I suspect that one of the important roles of modern right-wing media is to
rehearse (and teach) the stock arguments and verbal tactics that support
the ideologies and defend against outside information and views.

Kinda reminds me of how a former Christian Scientist I know describes his
upbringing.  Keep practicing the arguments...

Originality is overrated anyway,
  Aaron