[FoRK] Republicanism as Religion

Steve Nordquist saigua at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 19 12:09:41 PDT 2011

>Madness!
hit 100% in August.
GB>If you keep borrowing $X, spend it in a year and say you are going to pay it
back over 10 years and then do the same thing next year and the next--there's
not enough 10 years to pay it all off.

GB>At some point you only have 3 choices:
GB>1) Pay down the debt (GOP2004 + Clinton)
GB>2) Default on them (London Riots + WW III)
GB>3) Inflate them away (DNC2008 + Obama)

The point at which you decide 3!/2! choices are enough? How did default get the
outcomes in (2,) which are imbalanced (Graduation Party Gone Bad + Global
Damage/Dirty Mitigation)? Even SPDRs have a default value.... Though that brings
us to the ephemerality of (3) and other Schumpeterian dreams with fourth-estate
anchors (or cable-powered torpedoes, as it were,) I suppose.

The model of government emulating walking out on the nation's mortgage as a
posture is special, as is citing vulns to Satan in unleaded civility (GoldHat11;
book late for tix to the Kim Il Uesus keynote!)
It is as if the war on drugs finally reached back, and the GOP is suffering
paranoia and withdrawal.