[FoRK] Laws that ban texting while driving couldbecounter productive

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Sep 19 16:28:03 PDT 2011

On 9/19/11 4:18 PM, geege schuman wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Stephen Williams<sdw at lig.net>  wrote:
>
>> Probably nearly 100% of those in an accident were wearing clothes.  Are
>> clothes to blame?
>>
>> That's so NRA.

Particular NRA members may be over the top, however I can't disagree with the NRA on constitutional grounds.  The Second Amendment
is a net positive, even if there's some negative to it.  It won't be long until our tech progresses until our pocket omni-device
could be configured to be a weapon.  I wouldn't want to be held back by the idea that we can just make people play nice by taking
away pointy objects.  I'd much rather get people to play nice even in the presence of pointy objects.

In the end, we'll probably have micro-MAD: My device / swarm / micro-nation will nuke you if you do anything to me.  (With alms to
Diamond Age.)
That's how, loosely, they did it in the Wild West. ;-)