[FoRK] Obfuscating my history with search engines

Reza B'Far (Oracle) reza.bfar at oracle.com
Thu Sep 22 11:16:40 PDT 2011

I'd like to get thoughts on this -

What if one wrote a firefox plug-in or something like that which went
through the English Dictionary and submitted searches in the background
to Google with random combination of words from my IP address on some
very frequent interval when the browser is not doing anything (say 2
seconds).  Wouldn't that practically obfuscate my trail of searches to
Google by introducing randomized input?  In other words, can't we as
user community introduce enough noise into Google's history that it
would make search-history useless (noise introduced individually as well
as collectively).

Sanity check on this?

Reza