[FoRK] Obfuscating my history with search engines

Bill Humphries whump at mac.com
Thu Sep 22 18:34:56 PDT 2011

On Sep 22, 2011, at 11:16 AM, Reza B'Far (Oracle) wrote:

> In other words, can't we as user community introduce enough noise into Google's history that it would make search-history useless (noise introduced individually as well as collectively).

Stephenson beat you to this:

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/2.10/spew_pr.html

As others have pointed out, you'll need to run a virtual browser that executes JavaScript so that you look like a 'real user' since google instruments the hell out of those pages, otherwise you'll stick out like a bull in a herd of sheep.

-- whump