[FoRK] Take a step back...

Daniel Grisinger daniel.grisinger at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 10:38:09 PDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Russell Turpin
<russell.turpin at gmail.com>wrote:

But I'm curious what there are other salient examples there are of
> "consumer technology regression."

Video displays were transitioning to 1920x1200 resolution 5 years ago, but
that has completely halted as 1920x1080 "high" definition has become the top
resolution available at normal consumer levels.  On a recent trip to Best
Buy I checked and found that they don't even stock any displays in the
17-23" range that can do 1920x1200.  Economies of scale in the production of
1920x1080 panels is the culprit.

daniel
--
ZOMG!!1!  Pandaz!!1!!!!1!!!one!!