[FoRK] Take a step back...

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Mon Sep 26 10:59:30 PDT 2011

I used to have a 2005 era IBM T43 with a lovely 15" 1440x900 display (or
something). Absolutely the best LCD I have every had on a laptop. Matt
screen, great colors, great viewing angle. Just gorgeous.

Went looking for a new laptop late last year. Wanted something more slimline
with a 13" screen, a great GPU and no CD/DVD drive. Bugger me if all of the
laptops I looked at had shiny 1366x768 screens, with poor colors and
poor viewing angles. I even went outside my chosen category, looking for a
decent screen, but didn't see anything worth lugging.