[FoRK] Take a step back...

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Mon Sep 26 11:33:09 PDT 2011

Daniel Grisinger wrote on 9/26/2011 10:38 AM:
> Video displays were transitioning to 1920x1200 resolution 5 years ago

I had a Viewsonic CRT that ran 2048x1536 in ~1997, only weighed like 85
pounds :) It's been slowly backwards ever since. The retina displays are
the first displays I've seen that matched that 14 year old tech and get
us past a screen of square pixels. And at a spacious 3.5 inches :)

I suspect it will be a VERY long time before HDTV evolves past the
broadcasters overcompressing the streams so much to fit more channels on
the pipe, that you get anything but artifacts and giant square pixels.
Maybe in 14 years? :)

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/