[FoRK] Poverty In America: A Special Report

Reza B'Far (Oracle) reza.bfar at oracle.com
Tue Sep 27 09:35:31 PDT 2011

Hmm... I have to agree with Adam.  I can dig up stats, but supply-chain
issues are the biggest issue.  They dwarf all other costs.  Supply-chain
meaning simple financial billing stuff like unbundling of charges from
providers to payers, inadvertent over-charges, and more complex things
like overpriced goods and services delivered to patients by service
providers.

Unfortunately, the issue with studies, etc. is that there is no
conclusive source.  I think in the health-care ecosystem more than any,
there are so many folks who depend on the waste in the supply chain
(given the numbers are so large) that it is near-impossible to
stream-line processes, cut-out-middlemen, etc.