[FoRK] Army Tracking Plan: Drones That Never Forget a Face

mdw at martinwills.com mdw at martinwills.com
Thu Sep 29 09:47:20 PDT 2011

If you live in the U.S. you have less to worry about....   The U.S.
Constitution kicks in at the 12 mile ocean limit (except fishing then 200
mile limit) and you can request via the FOIA for any information you want
at the Federal Level (and in most states).

The Army however, is not bound by the U.S. Constitution outside the US
and therefore, don't have to worry about such things.  I doubt any
afghanistani farmer is going to file a constitutional challenge in the US
Courts (even ignoring the $100,000.00+ cost and lining up several
financially wealthy organizations that will submit amicus briefs in
support when it gets to SCOTUS -- which pushes it beyond a $140,000.00+
investment. Also, lest we forget, SCOTUS only accepts less than 8% of
cases submitted -- even after spending all that money.)  I believe the
Court system in Afghanistan is just as corrupt as their executive branch
(and barely leading the US in justice system corruption). The US can
pretty much buy the Afghan cooperation in not giving any court challenge.

If your in Canada, you have much less to worry about than in the US; as
long as you send us your oil, and keep the drugs trafficing down to a
reasonable level.  If your in Mexico, you should probably invest in the
alternative drag!

Regards,

Martin