[FoRK] alternatives to Project?

Kelley Walker kelley at inkworkswell.com
Wed Oct 5 08:02:09 PDT 2011

Yeah -- sorry sorry sorry for not being a little more clear.

No one's going to spring for MS Project, number one.

He's the software development manager, so he wants something with which to
track projects. We used to have  a project manager, but we went Agile/Scrum
and she was deemed too waterfall-based to make the transition. So,
basically, it looks like maybe his boss is asking him to take on more of a
project management role and track projects since, from what I can tell so
far, our implementation of agile/scrum is going to be, uh, highly ... well,
it's going to take awhile to unplug from waterfall...

He wants something that will track milestones, etc.

As developers, we're using Jira to track the issues backlog, burndown
chart, etc.

Thanks,

Kelley