[FoRK] [IRR] RMS on SPJ

mdw at martinwills.com mdw at martinwills.com
Fri Oct 7 11:39:55 PDT 2011

> Ummm.... I thought it was Wal-Mart that pioneered and refined that to an
> absolute art. Was I wrong?
>
>          ...ken...

I can provide first hand knowledge to that!  I worked for Wal-Mart from
1992 to 1998.  During that time they PUSHED TO THE POINT OF EXHAUSTION the
"Made in America" campaign to the point of costing them billions!!!!  I
remember too many meetings and town-halls all oriented to the "Made"
campaign. We had a giant 100' x 50' banner in our auditorium that was
"Made in America".  For 4 years that was pushed and pushed and pushed.
What killed it was the manufactures' got it into their minds that
"Wal-Mart wants american brands so much, we can charge anything we want
because they need us!".  The consumers quit paying the higher prices for
the products and Wally-World moved on.  Lesson learned. Remember -- Rule
#1) The customer is always right. Rule #2) When customer is wrong refer
back to Rule #1.

--Martin--