[FoRK] and this is why I don't have a Google+ profile

Bill Humphries whump at mac.com
Fri Oct 28 08:04:51 PDT 2011

On Oct 28, 2011, at 3:27 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> http://www.jwz.org/blog/2011/10/google-nymwars-redux/

The scuttlebutt is that the Googlers who have been critical of the "WASP names only" policy have been put on "performance improvement plans."

Google's insistence on this leads me to think they are trying to become the "reputation credit agency," which will only cause more grievous harm to the world. They don't have to get reputation right, they just have to convince employers, schools, and governments that they they need to run background checks on everyone.

-- whump