[FoRK] and this is why I don't have a Google+ profile

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Fri Oct 28 08:12:19 PDT 2011

They're halfway between LinkedIn and Facebook.  I thought it was a
pretty sane policy.  Given the amount of russian and islamic invites I
get on a weekly basis, I wish they'd fix their "allow who can invite me"
policy more than their nym one which I think is doing just fine.

Besides the "WASP names only" is such a mischaracterization.  If you use
a nym to purchase a cell phone or have a credit card, then that nym is
perfectly acceptable to G+.  It's people who want to use a nym and then
turn around and use that nym to do promotion, well that's when they get
*themselves* in trouble.

Greg