[FoRK] [FoSDW] The Myth of Prodigy and Why it Matters

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Mon Oct 31 10:01:44 PDT 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:39:33AM -0700, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> Don't forget the fourth leg of the stool: Creativity.  True
> creativity is a threat.

Legs so far: Work, Learning, Execution, Creativity.  I would add "Luck".
A stool only needs 3 legs.  I suspect that success is the same.

> http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110903142411.htm

Great link!  Of course, every crackpot and dreamer already knows that. :)

> There was an article from 20 years ago that I'm not even going to
> try to find about how creative people have just as many bad ideas as
> good ones, but the difference why they are successful is the raw
> quantity of ideas where some of them take root.

"Winston has a hundred ideas a day, of which four are good ideas"
  -- FDR

Which reminds me, time to start playing with startup ideas again...

A "I write down the good ones" B