[FoRK] Fwd: [ PFIR ] Google announces opt-out for wi-fi location database, but beware of possible side effects

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Wed Nov 16 08:26:13 PST 2011

What's the point?  They already have everything right?    Long ago I had
a debate with a colleague at UCI about government tracking and privacy.
I let the cat out of the box and told him that the FBI keeps a file on
every single US citizen in the country.   He didn't believe me, so I
told him to file a FOIA request for his FBI file and they'd open one up
on him with exactly one document--the FOIA request.    He didn't think
it was fair that the act of observation (in this case verification)
influenced the result.

Greg