[FoRK] The shocking truth about the crackdown on Occupy

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Mon Nov 28 11:34:15 PST 2011

I understand your point, but that's related to his statement.  Corporate
influence and small retailer's influence are not commensurate. Only by
the wildest stretch of the imagination and a some blurring revisionism
can they be construed to be what the OWS group is protesting against.
They are protesting big corporate influence resulting in favorable tax
positions not available to others without the influence, hidden
government bailouts, crony capitalism, overpsending, governmental
corruption by way of bribery, kickbacks and earmarks, and the lack of
economic opportunity because of these things.

Everyone agrees on the problems.   You don't get rid of these things by
giving the very institution that's causing them more authoritarian power
and money.

Greg