[FoRK] Disruptions: Fliers Must Turn Off Devices, but It's Not Clear Why

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Mon Dec 5 23:33:12 PST 2011

My cellphone sits on my desk. Right near my other USB connections.
keyboard, mouse, disk drive, etc. When my phone rings, I can hear the
conversation between phone and tower on my speakers, and invariably,
that conversation disables my usb connection such that I need to reboot it.

Maybe aircraft are different and special when in comes to induced RF
interference. I dont know really, but my basic position on this is "fuck
all y'all ipads and shit"