[FoRK] 20 Signs That The Culture Of Government Dependence Has Gotten Completely And Totally Out Of Control

mdw at martinwills.com mdw at martinwills.com
Wed Dec 7 07:51:25 PST 2011

More Americans are financially dependent on the government than ever
before.  For a variety of reasons, there are now tens of millions of
Americans that would not be able to survive without government assistance.
 As I wrote about the other day, the insane economic policies of our
"representatives" in Washington D.C. have created a situation where there
are not nearly enough decent jobs for everyone.  So the job market has
become a giant game of "musical chairs" and a lot of American families
have been left out in the cold when the music has stopped.  Of course we
are not going to let them starve in the streets.  There are also some
Americans that simply do not have the capacity to take care of themselves.
 It is certainly the compassionate thing to do to give them a helping
hand.  However, with all of that said, we also have to face the fact that
we have created a "culture of dependence" in this country.  Americans that
are now in their prime working years have been taught all of their lives
that the government is going to take care of them from the cradle to the
grave.  This culture of government dependence has gotten completely and
totally out of control, and now nearly half of all American households
receive some form of government benefits.  As a result, our debt is
absolutely exploding, everyone looks to the government to solve our
problems and very few Americans seem to possess a very strong work ethic
any longer.

Way too many Americans believe that the government should just swoop in
and solve all of their problems.  For example, the plight of a single
mother named Angel Adams made national headlines recently.  Over the years
her relationships with three different men have produced 15 children, and
she was recently found living in a single motel room with 12 of those
children.
Adams is looking for the government to come in and rescue her.  The
following is what Adams told one reporter....

    “Somebody needs to pay for all my children and my – for all my
suffering. Somebody needs to be held accountable, and they need to
pay.”

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/20-signs-that-the-culture-of-government-dependence-has-gotten-completely-and-totally-out-of-control

--Martin--