[FoRK] 20 Signs That The Culture Of Government Dependence Has Gotten Completely And Totally Out Of Control

Damien Morton dmorton at bitfurnace.com
Wed Dec 7 08:30:46 PST 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 11:51 AM, <mdw at martinwills.com> wrote:

> Way too many Americans believe that the government should just swoop in
> and solve all of their problems.

ok, sure, maybe.

> For example, the plight of a single
> mother named Angel Adams made national headlines recently.

uhh, youre going to use a single newsworthy example to back up your
argument. this should be good.

 Over the years
> her relationships with three different men have produced 15 children, and
> she was recently found living in a single motel room with 12 of those
> children.

wow. that's a lot of children. almost a fetish, you might say. clearly
something is wrong with this person - they arent making healthy or rational
decisions. of course, it might be the boyfriend who has the fetish, trying
to father a nation or something.

> Adams is looking for the government to come in and rescue her.  The
> following is what Adams told one reporter....
>
>    “Somebody needs to pay for all my children and my – for all my
> suffering. Somebody needs to be held accountable, and they need to
> pay.”
>

> http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/20-signs-that-the-culture-of-government-dependence-has-gotten-completely-and-totally-out-of-control

a woman who has 12 children, no boyfriend and no job will of course be
looking for someone to come and rescue them.

the proper role of government in this case is to guide people away from
having more children they can care for (i.e. by making contraception freely
available, by making abortion possible, and by having someone keep an eye
out for these kinds of cases as they develop). when all else has failed,
the proper role of government is to look after the children, who have had
no choice about the situation they have been brought into.