[FoRK] 20 Signs That The Culture Of Government Dependence Has Gotten Completely And Totally Out Of Control

mdw at martinwills.com mdw at martinwills.com
Wed Dec 7 09:10:59 PST 2011

Please enlighten me.
>From my readings of the Constitution:

Article 1: Protects the freedom of religion, speech, and the press, as
well as the right to assemble and petition the government.

Article 2: Protects the right to bear arms.

Article 3: Prohibits the forced quartering of soldiers out of war time.

Article 4: Prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures and sets out
requirements for search warrants based on probable cause.

Article 5: Sets out rules for indictment by grand jury and eminent domain,
protects the right to due process, and prohibits self-incrimination and
double jeopardy.

Article 6: Protects the right to a fair and speedy public trial by jury,
including the rights to be notified of the accusations, to confront the
accuser, to obtain witnesses and to retain counsel.

Article 7: Provides for the right to trial by jury in certain civil cases,
according to common law.

Article 8:  Prohibits excessive fines and excessive bail, as well as cruel
and unusual punishment.

Article 9: Asserts the existence of unenumerated rights retained by the
people.

Article 10: LIMITS THE POWERS OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO THOSE DELEGATED
BY THE CONSTITUTION.

I see a lot of prohibitions and protections and nothing about the
Governement being the mommy and daddy (or maybe you didn't read # 10?)

> Martin, let me ask you something. How did you arrive at this point in
> life without knowing the error of your ways?  It is so obvious. It's
> plain to see for everybody but you. Can you explain yourself?
>
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 8:57 AM,  <mdw at martinwills.com> wrote:
>> It is the individual
>> responsibility of every one, guaranteed by the Constitution, to do what
>> is
>> right for them. The government is TO STAY OUT of personal affairs!

 --Martin--