[FoRK] Disruptions: Fliers Must Turn Off Devices, but It's Not Clear Why

Reese howell.r at inkworkswell.com
Wed Dec 7 10:59:12 PST 2011

Breaking news this morning, Alec Baldwin kicked off of American
Airlines flight for refusal to turn his iPad off; was playing Word
for Friends (a Scrabble-like game). Alec is quoted as saying "We
weren't even moving yet!"

That's from memory, I hope I nailed the particulars correctly. Alec
apparently sent a few derogatory Tweets about AA and its flight
attendants, but I don't remember those well enough to try quoting them.

iPads do not include cellphone capabilities so were would this rank
on the capriciousness scale?

Reese