[FoRK] Henry Miller Digest

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Dec 28 17:29:16 PST 2011

I don't like them all, however these resonate:

Is he talking about FoRK in this one?
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille158025.html
We do not talk - we bludgeon one another with facts and theories gleaned from cursory readings of newspapers, magazines and digests.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille402596.html
Why are we so full of restraint? Why do we not give in all directions? Is it fear of losing ourselves? Until we do lose ourselves
there is no hope of finding ourselves.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille385211.html
Life has to be given a meaning because of the obvious fact that it has no meaning.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille156091.html
One of the reasons why so few of us ever act, instead of react, is because we are continually stifling our deepest impulses.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille109326.html
The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille158031.html
The man who is forever disturbed about the condition of humanity either has no problems of his own or has refused to face them.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille403026.html
The moment one gives close attention to any thing, even a blade of grass it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent
world in itself.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille400238.html
The new always carries with it the sense of violation, of sacrilege. What is dead is sacred; what is new, that is different, is
evil, dangerous, or subversive.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille124604.html
The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we never give enough is love.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille143530.html
The ordinary man is involved in action, the hero acts. An immense difference.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille166658.html
The real leader has no need to lead - he is content to point the way.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille395659.html
There is nothing strange about fear: no matter in what guise it presents itself it is something with which we are all so familiar
that when a man appears who is without it we are at once enslaved by him.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille380071.html
We live at the edge of the miraculous.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

Now this is arrogance.  But a good attitude for certain kinds of writers.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille116081.html
Whatever I do is done out of sheer joy; I drop my fruits like a ripe tree. What the general reader or the critic makes of them is
not my concern.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille382459.html
Whatever needs to be maintained through force is doomed.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille158050.html
When one is trying to do something beyond his known powers it is useless to seek the approval of friends. Friends are at their best
in moments of defeat.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille403764.html
When you know what men are capable of you marvel neither at their sublimity nor their baseness. There are no limits in either
direction apparently.
Henry Miller <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henry_miller.html>