[FoRK] Radical Honesty

Reza B'Far (Oracle) reza.bfar at oracle.com
Mon Jan 2 20:24:42 PST 2012

is this really about honesty or Narcissism?
**
It took a while to read the entire article, but didn't the author think
whether it's even OK to have the thoughts in the first paragraph?  Is it
really OK for a human being to feel like any thought that goes through
his/her brain is OK to have and that there should be no self-check
mechanism that says "man, that was horrible, there must be something
wrong with me... ".

IMHO, even if "dishonesty" is a huge problem, a much bigger problem is
narcissism and the fact that everything seems to be relative and OK.  As
much as I can't deal with the far right, this gets under my skin to no
end on the far left.  "Radical Honesty" (at least the way it's explained
in this article) just seems to be yet another departure from civil
discourse, another rant on complete relativism, and reinforcement of the
"it's all about me... me... me... and myself... and I... "  How about
"Humility", "Empathy", "Sympathy", etc.?

Article is completely depressing.