[FoRK] Radical Honesty

geege schuman geege4 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 05:50:26 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Bill Kearney <wkearney99 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  So, I STRONGLY advise against this Radical Honesty stupidity.  It's a
>> bullshit theory reverse-engineered by a bullshit artist who couldn't get
>> his dick wet by being a decent human being.
>>

> Bear in mind, crackpot theories like this DO have a purpose.  They help
> you see just how much an idiot people can be.
>
> It helps one see through people by understanding what they've chosen to
> follow as advice.  Anyone dumb enough to follow these theories certainly
> doesn't deserve any further attention.
>
> -Bill

Yeah, but maybe Radical Honesty has its place, especially as a counter to
newspeak.

 NOTES:
*The most insidious newspeak term to come out in recent years is for
torture. In newspeak it becomes "enhanced interrogation", as if regular
torture makes use of tap water, but in enhanced interrogation you get
nothing less than Evian. *

USAGE:
"An Imperial Tobacco memo predicted that the trend towards fewer smokers
could 'virtually wipe us off the map' within 50 years. The writer
recommended the company target 'starters' -- company newspeak for teens."
Mindelle Jacobs; Smoke And Mirrors Fool No One; The Edmonton Sun (Canada);
Nov 23, 1999.