[FoRK] Businessweek vs. Onion vs. Reality

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Jan 25 18:03:26 PST 2012

On 1/25/12 4:18 PM, Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo wrote:
> I'm obviously not American so I really have to ask ... no tongue in cheek ... totally sincere:

Obviously?  I think you're more American _than_ American.
;-)

> Is this shit serious????
>
> I mean, really serious????
>
> There are enough people in the United States of America who (?)think(?) this way to get apparently serious press coverage??
>
> Honestly? This is not just some kind of early April Fool's deal??

No, just as you suspected, The Onion is totally serious.  More serious than you know.

Only people who don't know anything think that suits == intelligent / accomplished.  The really accomplished people don't have to
wear suits.  Sure, when you're going to court or visiting a base on official business (where those committed have to wear uniforms)
it is reasonable and de rigueur, but otherwise, it's just pretentious or a sign that you are lack confidence.  IMHO.  I probably
have a somewhat unusual, but fairly broad sample size / type.

Stephen