[FoRK] Ubuntu on Android

Adam L Beberg beberg at mithral.com
Tue Feb 21 10:57:32 PST 2012

Stephen Williams wrote on 2/21/2012 9:41 AM:
> Clever play. Potentially tough for Apple / Microsoft to compete with.
> Not that Microsoft isn't trying to fake people out with Windows 8
> everywhere / "Office shipping on Windows 8 phones" etc. Motorola already
> did this to some extent with Atrix, but this could be much more
> interesting and widespread.
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android

We've been headed here for a while, with many too-soon attempts. The
phones passed the power of an old desktop long ago, but getting the
video out and the inputs in was a problem. Hopefully Thunderbolt ends
that problem, and we'll finally carry around our desktops.

--
Adam L. Beberg
http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/