[FoRK] Ubuntu on Android

Ken Ganshirt @ Yahoo ken_ganshirt at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 21 14:53:15 PST 2012

I understand the motivation. Even my single core HP Pre3 (webOS) has enough processing power for my most common (rather trivial) "desktop" needs when I'm away from my desktop. Especially if it's Linux for the "desktop" (the kernel is Linux already). It runs at 1.2GHz and can safely be overclocked to 1.6GHz.

But the screen is just w-a-y too small to be useful. It's size is marginal at best for even the native "mobile" apps like email and browser use. Even when accessing the mobile version of web sites.

I've played with a 7" tablet and it might do in a pinch.  My 8.9" netbook is almost big enough.  My 10" HP Touchpad tablet is really the smallest screen I would consider truly useful as a temporary "desktop" substitute.

           ...ken...