[FoRK] The Internet Is a Major Driver of the Growth of Cognitive Inequality

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Mon Feb 27 12:33:09 PST 2012

Lol.  No, not really.  More like "a rising tide invents planes, rockets, robotic factories, remote virtual telepresence /
teleoperation, surpluses in most things, and all manner of enhancements that myopic fisherman do not dream".  Most politicians, and
most people in general, are myopic fishermen.

Let's examine PreInternet and Internet societies / world.  Pre-ipod/smart phone/3G/4G and now.  Pre-cell phone and now.
It's stupid that we haven't improved house building much.  That we haven't fixed poverty, here or elsewhere.  That so many people
are ignorant and non-functional.  That healthcare is unavailable and overpriced.  (Some of it has to be expensive, but not most of it.)

We spend a lot of resources on many, many people in jail, all wasted resources and miserable people.