[FoRK] InSanitarium: Count the crazies

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Feb 29 15:03:41 PST 2012

> On 2/29/2012 1:41 PM, Lucas Gonze wrote:
> > I am especially entertained by these two prominent terrible positions
> > they have recently taken:
> >
> > - Vaginal ultrasounds.

How do you avoid the following headline for long:
"Republican men legislate required rape of women seeking abortion."
And a less polite version comes to mind.
Are these guys actually incapable of thinking anything through?

> > - Against birth control.

Amazing.  Could you possibly alienate more people?  Or advocate something more stupid?

> Not to mention:
>
> - Romney doubles-down on "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt"... while campaining in Michigan

Wow.  His series of misstatements can hardly be believed.  "I love [something expensive] my friends/wife own two of those."
Or how about "I know where jobs go" from a guy who dismantled and outsource jobs from many companies in trouble.

> - Santorum on fellow Catholic JFK's church/state speech: "That makes me throw up"

Astounding.  Wrong on so many levels.

I think that Jon Stuart and Steven Colbert are scripting the Republicans.  They just don't yet know that their talking points
distribution list has been hacked.  Actually, it could be Anonymous et al actually doing something like that.  Don't believe that of
course, but I also don't believe what these guys have been saying.