[FoRK] InSanitarium: Count the crazies

Steve Nordquist saigua at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 29 17:10:29 PST 2012

>> - Romney doubles-down on "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt"[…] in Michigan
>> - Santorum on…Catholic JFK's church/state speech: "That makes me throw
>> up"
>
> No kidding. How nutty is it to suppose that personal pride or some
> other intangible stops them from folding their campaigns now, so they
> are purposely torpedoing themselves in order to lose the nomination?

Waaait for it; Romney at the Convention comes out in KISH drag, makes
every mistake in _Detroit Mjetl City_ in 1/2 hour of Ur-pandering to
people born in the '40s, when Ron P₳l comes out, buff and covered in
henna, somehow with a dress collar and lacing boots, with a really nice
piece of shoegaze Paul McCartney just cannot carry off on the same
contrabass violin.
47 minutes or so are spent addressing new ventures. focusing on Black and
Coastal-Emigrant concerns in USA and BAFTA.
A recess is declared with mastery in Wii Championship Volleyball
demonstrated by a mystery candidate; a series of gerrymandering blather
invoking the incumbent suddenly gains spirited meter, styling, vocal range
and texture; Lori Adelman comes out, announced as the Presidential
Candidate to a slideshow titled 'Initiative' by Paula Scɚr.

Then they are joined by M83 and all turn into sheep with jetpacks as
Anonymous parade up and down jello slides on either side of the stage,
bearing praise and budget compliance with simpler rules on whiteboards. An
intermission featuring a combed spectrum of red lights a Cond-Nast Danger
Rʭʭm caters to my-particular-hypertension-is-normal sensibilities, while
screening _Melancholia_.

States cite other States' crucial balancing measure to their own, and
identify with a jobber before nominating the productive counsel of EdelP₳l.

Then they clear the joint and utter not another word.