[FoRK] Democracy is for Brights

Gary Stock gstock at nexcerpt.com
Mon Mar 5 06:54:35 PST 2012

On 3/5/12 8:59 AM, Reese wrote:
> At 08:52 AM 3/5/2012, Bill Stoddard wrote:
>> On a related note... I predict the PRC will eventually move to a
>> 'democracy lite' ... where members of the CCP are allowed to vote on
>> party leadership but the general public has no or limited input.
>> Next prediction... US will (has?) move into effectively the same
>> configuration (substitute the CCP for Corporate Interests).
> I can see the corporations working towards that end, but will they be
> successful?
In what way have they not ~already~ been successful?

Elizabeth Warren's candidacy seems to be their single minor concern this
century.

> It will be interesting to see how far Occupy can get with
> its planned Constitutional Convention. Is anyone taking odds on that?
Once they've armed and trained for combat at least 50,000+ people openly
willing to die for the cause -- and overtaken, by force, at least five
each of statehouses and Fortune 500 headquarters -- we might begin to
debate their prospects.

Otherwise, they have no chance in hell.

GS