[FoRK] Democracy is for Brights

Joseph S. Barrera III j3 at barrera.org
Mon Mar 5 11:20:43 PST 2012

 > Are you sure it "doesn't mean 'smart people"'?
 > I take as a secondary meaning: intelligent, learned, and open minded
critical thinker.
 > I expect any clear analysis to find high correlation.

Even if the correlation is there, that doesn't mean that you have
synonyms. Just like "basketball player" doesn't *mean* "tall person".
I'd side with Lucas on this one ("Bright" is a synonym for smart, but
"Brights" is a marketing term). But it doesn't really matter as the term
doesn't appear in the article -- Jeff just used in the subject line.

- Joe