[FoRK] overhead of RESTful stuff

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 09:51:03 PST 2012

I got a lot of pushback recently on OAUTH for API purposes. Problem #1
is that it relies on a request header, which isn't possible when
you're grabbing JSONP by inserting a <script> element, which will be
necessary until CORS reach is complete. Problem #2 is that it's more
complex to code than the alternatives.

Developers I talked to strongly preferred getting a token which you
then include in future requests as a parameter. This is highly
un-RESTful, but developers see that argument as frippery for ponces.