[FoRK] Google Fails

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat Mar 10 11:21:56 PST 2012

First, on Wed. evening from 8pm until at least 10pm, Gmail was broken for me: Displayed a message that my mailbox was unavailable.
In a massive coincidence (? Unless there was a major Internet cut), my colo ISP was offline for the same time period.

Then, I noticed yesterday that maps.google.com isn't working right at all, especially in Firefox or Aurora (a Firefox experimental
version).  It still works fine in Chrome.  The problem is that it lags terribly, fails to load image blocks at various resolutions,
and sometimes goes into load/fail attempts to load blocks that just keeps redrawing the wrong info.