[FoRK] Pressure Pasteurization

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat Mar 10 12:15:04 PST 2012

If it kills bacteria, etc., what effect does it have on nutritional value?  Supposedly it is better because it avoids heating.
So, things that are not crushable can not be more natural.  Kind of solves the raw milk problem I would think.
Too bad the machines currently cost $1M.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2108051,00.html
http://foodtechupdates.blogspot.com/2010/12/high-pressure-processing-technology.html

http://www.workingwaterfront.com/articles/High-tech-process-shucks-Maine-lobster-competes-with-Canadians/11464/