[FoRK] Google Fails

Stephen Williams sdw at lig.net
Sat Mar 10 13:11:10 PST 2012

And another.  Notable only because they're unusual and clustered.  (What does it mean? Rushing things out the door?)  Normally
everything works well.

I have two active Android phones.  On one, an automatic change was pushed that changed "Market" to "Play".  I then manually
triggered updates on 5 apps.  Something crashed, and now there is no "Market" or "Play" or "Google Play" on the phone...  On the
other, there was no push, but when I triggered Market, it showed the new agreement acceptance dialog, and still shows as "Market" as
an app.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs&ki_topic=1319135
> Missing Android Market/Google Play App
> Some users are reporting that updates to Google Play require a device reboot to work properly. If the Google Play app disappears
> or force closes upon first open, please reboot your device and try opening the app again. We apologize for any inconvenience, and
> we're working hard on a more permanent resolution.

Didn't work, still broken.

sdw