[FoRK] Project Glass

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Apr 4 13:04:52 PDT 2012

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 12:30:15PM -0700, Gregory Alan Bolcer wrote:
> Vuzix makes much mo betta hw.

We yet don't know the price tag, the specs (resolution, accelerometers,
magnetic compass, GPS, 3G), and so on.

Let's say you want landscape annotation with OpenStreetMap data.
A lot will depend on opening pupil, magnetic compass resolution,
GPS and so on.

We've had had hardware for this since mid-1990s, but for small
hobbyist circles and according price tag. This is aiming for the
mass market. If successful, it will make both prices low as well
as provide initial userbase.

So despite of massive d00d douchebaggotry I wouldn't hate on it too much just yet.