[FoRK] Project Glass

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Apr 6 09:30:08 PDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 08:26:35AM -0700, Gmail wrote:
> Indeed. VR is dead. AR is really important.

I see no difference between VR and AR conceptually.
AR is just aligned VR overlay.

> The first AR I saw was in The Terminator. Was it in fiction before then? Is there a inventor?

It's been invented many times. AR has been in use in WWII
in cockpit head-up and Sutherland definitely did it in 1968
in the way we understand the term.

It is interesting how little fundamental novelty we see in
IT today. What would you consider genuine innovations of
the last two decades?