[FoRK] Project Glass

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 10:22:19 PDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM, Tomasz Rola <rtomek at ceti.pl> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflector_sight
>
> See the animated picture on the top.

Great call.

> My first post here, so hello everybody.

Welcome!

> I subscribed out of curiosity. And I was convinced Rohit Khare was a
> fictiouous persona invented for the purpose of making this list look more
> real. Actually, in those times of omnipotent search engines (that also
> serve to show who and when searched what) I was too afraid to ask a
> question. However, I browsed some archives, too, and to my surprise there
> were posts by Rohit. Wow. He is real.

Well, "real." Real-istic. Sur-real. Shadowy, yes. Quasi fictitious,
surely. For the purposes of this mailing list, perhaps a macguffin.

>> It is interesting how little fundamental novelty we see in
>> IT today. What would you consider genuine innovations of
>> the last two decades?
>
> Um, I donnow. One click shopphing? Two way (double linked) lists? It was
> all patented not very long ago, if memory serves, so it must have been
> invented recently, after Knuth or someone wrote about it.

In the past the actual future, the one that has come to be, was just
one of many possible futures.  It was as predicted as any of the
failed futures. The question of what things that have come into being
weren't predicted is less interesting than which predictions haven't
come to pass.

-Lucas