[FoRK] Project Glass

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 6 11:58:12 PDT 2012

> Compare predictions of AR and VR, both of which were predicted. It
> turned out that VR is far less useful than AR.

I wouldn't call VR less useful.  More like AR has greater potential to
appeal to a mass, consumer-oriented, audience, and thus generate more
revenue off that interest/participation.  I'd venture AR will do more to
help VR than anything VR alone could ever do to help itself.

> I don't think computers really could have been built at any time in the
> middle. I think that all that history was necessary.

On that we agree.  But that doesn't really address my point, that's it's
more interesting to know what caused unexpectedly useful things TO
happen as opposed to what's kept the 'predicted' from coming to fruition.

-Bill