[FoRK] Why has the Internet changed so little?

Bill Kearney wkearney99 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 8 15:00:49 PDT 2012

> That kind of thing is exactly my point, plus: We can all feel how
> technology, security, general knowledge / awareness / attitudes have
> continued to mature, and how creative people are able to be. Plus, we're
> quickly shredding the big-company oligopoly on innovation, paths to
> market, and control of revenue, generally to the benefit of customers.

Bull.  Clearly you've never dealt with Apple and their online app and
media store.  They're FAR worse at strangling the market than IBM,
Microsoft and Oracle combined.  But hey, they're marketing says
otherwise.  Oh, unless you're Australian and call them out for the lies.
  Or have an obvious idea that apple's patent lawyers have steamrolled
through the PTO.

I'd like to believe what you suggest, it's unfortunately just not true.