[FoRK] Harmony Schools

Gregory Alan Bolcer greg at bolcer.org
Mon May 14 08:11:35 PDT 2012

I'm going to have to completely disagree with that comment. We have
Servite, Mater Dei, and Rosary here in Orange County at the high school
level and several academies like St. Margarets and St. Francis. They are
some of the best academic and sports programs anywhere as measured by
academic standards and university acceptance anywhere.  Both my kids
avoid both the very good public schools in my area for the Catholic
school because it's higher academic achievements, accelerated learning,
more personal teachers, and smaller class sizes.

Do you have a lot of experience with religious-group sponsored schools?
  Not your position specifically, but I see a more general reactionary
movement to describing public schools as harboring indoctrination more
than the religious ones.

Greg