[FoRK] 97 Things Every Programmer Should Know

Joseph S. Barrera III j3 at barrera.org
Mon May 14 22:00:45 PDT 2012

I thought surely I had seen a recommendation of this site/book on one of
the main lists I'm on. But an email search doesn't find it.

http://programmer.97things.oreilly.com/wiki/index.php/Contributions_Appearing_in_the_Book

I'm posting it here since we just had the "the plural of..." thread here.

There are so many good items here. Let me just recommend one:

http://programmer.97things.oreilly.com/wiki/index.php/Improve_Code_by_Removing_It

At the risk of repeating myself, this appeals to the mathematician in
me... cancel terms and simplify your equations as you work. But this
item goes a bit further than that... in recommending the removal of code
that is *functional* but not *necessary*... and probably not used, and
certainly not worth its cost.

- Joe