[FoRK] World stocks dive on Greece turmoil

Joseph S. Barrera III j3 at barrera.org
Thu May 17 00:30:52 PDT 2012

Let me try to translate that into American English.

There is a philosophy of, "if you behave well, you will get more help
later on."

But, the punishment psychology is so important, that, um... ? No other
country wants that amount of punishment no matter what the promise of
help later on? Because the punishment is so severe?

- Joe

P.S. Germany and the U.S. may fight it out about who is the most
Calvinistic country, but for the past few decades the US has been the
clear winner. Germany may be catching up, however. Germany is facing the
same crisis as if the US had actually won the civil war and then had to
absorb East, um, South America, um, I mean the Southern States. You
know, North Carolina and whatever.