[FoRK] divegeek/uscode · GitHub

Gary Stock gstock at nexcerpt.com
Mon May 28 08:59:04 PDT 2012

The first and most important goal for /uscode:  ALWAYS force a large
"NOT CURRENT" watermark (as unavoidable and undefeatable as possible)
beneath  -- and multiple datestamps on (all four corners of) -- any
display object that is not ~purely~ current statute, now in force.

I have been watching a local township disintegrate politically over the
past several months, because one idiot with a grudge found a 30-year old
Attorney General opinion that once (long ago) could have been
interpreted to mean elected officials were in violation of State law.

I personally pointed him to later AG opinions ~reversing~ that finding,
as well as legislative action explicitly making such activities legal.

Still, he clings to the notion that -- since he can print out a 30-year
old ruling that the activity "is impermissible" -- he has the law on his
side.  And, every few days, he convinces one more idiot that it's
somehow still true...

GS