[FoRK] which film first?

Joseph S. Barrera III j3 at barrera.org
Sun Jun 3 17:54:47 PDT 2012

> C would be the ultimate geek / marines / WWII / cryptocryptothriller.
> But would kids switch to encrypted messages using decks of cards to
> pass notes in class??
They are too lazy. They will just do:

http://chronicle.com/article/Online-Courses-Can-Offer-Easy/132093/

My wife is a public school teacher and cell-phone-pictures of tests are
rampant... If you are a teacher, you can never reuse a test (or any of
its questions) if you actually want to teach knowledge instead of just
proficiency at cheating.

No wonder job interviews are so hellish these days. Hiring companies
can't trust a single thing written down on paper.

I personally hired an intern in my last weeks at IBM. Just a STELLAR
record on paper. He was completely unable to make the most trivial
changes in a python program I wrote. I even interviewed him beforehand
and asked him lots of challenging questions. My wife believes he got
someone else to do the phone interview... I think she may be right.

Never trust anyone under 30.

- Joe