[FoRK] short-term predictions: 2014, 2017, 2022

Stephen D. Williams sdw at lig.net
Wed Jun 13 15:57:39 PDT 2012

> On 6/13/2012 3:31 PM, Stephen D. Williams wrote:
>
> > On the other hand, creating diamond would be a better way to sequester our excess carbon dioxide.
>
> Tons of CO2 produced per year: 30 billion. *(12/(12+16+16) = 8 billion tons of carbon.

We'd likely use the O2 elsewhere, and a significant amount of the CO2 will loop back to the {no modifier} ecosystem hopefully.
We're only talking about maintaining a bit less than steady state.

> Tons of glass produced per year: 40 million. Hmm. That's not very much.

What is that in carats?  Oh:
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=40+million+tons+as+carats
1.814×10^14 carats

Plus some portion of plastics and textiles (replaced with diamond nano-mesh-mail of course).

> Tons of concrete produced per year: 8 billion. OK, that's more like it.

Which should at least be reinforced with diabar and diafiber.